The “reMusik.org” is the St. Petersburg Contemporary Music Centre for new music, which engages an ongoing program of development work to promote new Russian and international music at home and abroad. Most of our work is based in St. Petersburg, but we also work in the rest of Russia and increasingly with international partners.
The Center is dedicated to build and educate a national and international community of composers, artists, musicologists, and members of the public who are interested in learning more about music in Russia and the contemporary music as a whole.
The organization takes an active role in projects for foreign and local artists, finding performance spaces, musicians, orchestras, and financial funding for the promotion of contemporary music. The “reMusik” music journal and resource center is published in both English and Russian, and offers a growing, free source of information on International, Russian, and Saint-Petersburg composers.
The Saint-Petersburg Contemporary Music Centre is a private organization and cultural foundation established by composer Mehdi Hosseini in February 2010 in St. Petersburg. The idea of creating a centre was originally connected with a number of goals that reMusik.org is now trying to accomplish.
After the Perestroika and USSR collapse there were only a few festivals and organizations left supporting new music. One of the most important reasons for their degradation was lack of funding, which remains a problem until now. Another important issue has been, the problem of managing communication more precisely, the absence of an establishment that would bring all the available information together into a systematic whole.
Therefore “reMusik.org” states the following as its goals:
- Connecting the festivals, organizations, orchestras, composers, musicians, the audience and everyone else interested or directly involved in the sphere of contemporary music in St. Petersburg.
- Organizing various projects, e.g. festivals, concerts, concerts with discussions, lectures, and master classes.
- Gathering information for an online archive;
- An online magazine featuring news, articles, interviews etc.
- Information support, in the form of websites for organizations, festivals, artists and musicians;
- Publishing CDs and scores;
- Broadening relationships and connections;
- Cultural exchange;
- Financial support for organizations working in the sphere of new music in St.Petersburg.
Copyright © reMusik.org